Last Entry: Experiences: April 15, 2013


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Leave of Absence Requested

At the end of 2000, work had become an extremely stressful place. The computer system that I worked on was being upgraded and improved from a mainframe hierarchical to a PC object relations based application. Having been trained in the PC world, rather that the mainframe world, I was especially ready for this change. Others, however, were not so ready to make the switch.

I began to feel like all the stress of the workplace was being dumped on me, but I didn't know what to do about it. One person told me that I needed to protect my energy field, which I understood but had no idea how to do that.

So, I ended up requesting two months off. Since I happened to be in between projects, my request was granted. I took leave during November and December of 2000. I came back refreshed and in a better state than I had left, but still had no understanding of energy fields and how I might protect myself in the future. My co-workers, however, were cognizant of my reasons for taking leave and seemed to be more sensitive to what I was experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment